5 Tips To Help Boost Your Confidence

Do you have a difficult time with feeling confident in your own skin? I know I definitely do.

After gaining over 60 pounds between both of my pregnancies I’m pretty sure you can understand why I would have a problem feeling confident, especially my fellow mommies out there.

After months of being insecure, feeling unhappy and ugly, I decided to do something about it and make myself feel better.  So over the last couple of months I have developed new habits that have been working for me and every day I feel more and more confident in myself! And with time I know that these habits will work for you too!

Here Are 5 Tips To Help Boost Your Confidence:

1. Tell yourself you are beautiful everyday!

Every morning when you wake up and are getting ready for the day, (ex. when you’re brushing your teeth) look in the mirror and say out loud, “I am beautiful.” and give yourself a big beautiful smile!

Even if you don’t feel that way, when you make it a habit and do it daily you will start to see a difference in how you look at yourself, and even how you say it. And eventually you will believe it!

2. Write daily affirmations!

At some point during your day, find a quote that relates to you, your goals, or somthing that inspires you, and write it on a sticky note. Once you have your quote on your sticky, stick it a place that you look at daily (I stick mine around my vanity mirrors).

As you add your sticky quotes (see what I what I did there? lol) read every note that you have on your designated sticky area every day to remind yourself to keep striving for your goals and motivate yourself to be a better version of you.

3. Get up and get dressed!

I know that at times we are so busy in everyday lives (we have families to take care of, work, cleaning to do, etc) to the point where we forget to take time out of our days to dress up and make ourselves feel good.

Yes, yes, yes, it is easier to just throw on a t-shirt and yoga pants and go about on our day. But don’t you think that actually has the opposite effect on our confidence? Yeah it’s comfortable but when we look in the mirror we don’t exactly think, “Oohh I look cute today!” And if you do that it great!

But realistically, most of us aren’t saying that. So wake up a little earlier than normal (you can do it!), and get all dolled up and as you are doing your normal everyday routine, I bet that you will feel a whole lot better and will have a bit more pep in your step!

4. Write a list of the things you love about yourself!

I highly recommend getting a journal (I am a total journal person, I have so many it’s ridiculous), and whenever you are feeling really crappy about yourself, and the previous tips I have listed above aren’t working, I want you to write a list of all the things that you like and love about yourself.

Write everything from the characteristic that you love about yourself to body features, and the way you do things. The point of this is for you to realize that you have more about yourself that love than you don’t. So stop being so hard on yourself and give yourself credit for being so amazing!

5. Workout more often!

Though I am sure we all can get busy in our lives, it would be very beneficial for us to start working out more often. Even if you can only fit in a 30 minute workout twice a week, it will still have you feeling a lot better physically.

Sure you will be sore sometimes, but that is short lived and as time goes on and you start having more energy, feeling stronger and you start seeing some results, and it will be completely worth it.

Start Today, Not Tomorrow!

When you implement all of the tips I have listed above, you will soon start feeling amazing and having so much more confidence in yourself.

I hope these tips can help you on your journey to building your confidence. Don’t hesitate to comment below and let me know what you think and whether or not these tips have helped you!

44 Comments

1. July 6, 2018 / 11:24 pm

I totally agree with this article we must uplift each other on ways to encourage and empower our inner beauty no matter what. I also followed you on @mrsthornton34
    Nice article for first blog post keep them coming😊👍

July 9, 2018 / 3:33 pm

One of my goals is to inspire and remind people to love themselves first.

2. July 7, 2018 / 2:13 am

Great post! Will def start implementing some of these into my day to day routine. 😀

July 9, 2018 / 3:32 pm

I hope it goes well for you. thank you for reading.

3. July 7, 2018 / 9:12 pm

The third one is such great advice. Sometimes I love having a lazy day of staying in my comfy clothes, but one thing that I found was when I would get up, get dressed, do my hair and makeup — I felt ready to tackle the day.

Great list! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

July 9, 2018 / 3:32 pm

Yes lazy days are always good, but it really does make a difference when you put in the effort.

4. July 7, 2018 / 9:45 pm

Awesome post! Some days it’s so hard to spend time getting ready that leggings and a tee are easier. But I totally agree wth you—when you look good, you feel good! This is something I’m going to do more of. Thank you!

July 9, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I am so happy that you liked the post, and I feel the exact same way. You can feel the difference.

5. These are all SUPER important. I’m doing the same thing, trying to get my body/confidence back after two kids. I definitely do everything on this list daily and it helps TREMENDOUSLY!!! Great read 🙂

July 9, 2018 / 3:29 pm

I hope they work for you as well as they work with me.

6. July 8, 2018 / 9:40 am

This is beautiful and a big congrats on your first post.. You’re definitely off to a great start! … I’ll get right on that exercise part lol💕✨

July 9, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Thank you so much! That means a lot!

7. July 8, 2018 / 2:11 pm

Thanks so much for sharing these tips and reminding us to make time for our well-being! It’s SO important to prioritize our mental and physical health, and it kind of affects everything else we do!

July 9, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Yes, it’s the key to living a long and happy life! It makes a world of difference when you feel happy inside and out.

8. Kristen
    July 8, 2018 / 2:28 pm

Great tips! I will be incorporating these on my own, and with my 12 year old daughter. I feel like most woman, especially the pre-teens and young adults need a confidence boost these days. I have incorporated grateful journals in the past but never thought to do that for a confidence boost.

July 9, 2018 / 3:26 pm

Yes! I have a one and two year old and I am make sure to put them in the mirror and do affirmations with them. If we instill it in them now, they will go to be confident in themselves and be much happier with themselves.

9. July 8, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I love how this post is so positive. Love these tips!

July 9, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I am glad you like it!

10. July 8, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Thank you for these tips, would start implementing asap. Especially the dress good part. I already tell myself positive affirmations daily but I should do more

July 9, 2018 / 3:23 pm

I hope they make you feel better! Thank you for reading!

11. Patricia
    July 8, 2018 / 4:34 pm

Love these ideas! Makes so much sense.

July 9, 2018 / 3:19 pm

I am glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading.

12. Tessa Danielle
    July 9, 2018 / 12:38 am

The "get up and get dressed" one really stuck out to me. I’ve noticed the days I don’t ‘get ready’ and just stay in my lounge clothes I feel awful about myself. It only takes a little bit longer and makes me feel so much better to just get ready! Thanks for these reminders.

July 9, 2018 / 3:19 pm

Totally! Getting dressed makes all of the difference. Thanks for reading!

13. July 9, 2018 / 1:24 am

Love this post! Self-confidence is definitely key to keep yourself positive and happy.

July 9, 2018 / 3:18 pm

It really is! Thank you for reading!

14. July 9, 2018 / 4:38 am

Confidence is sexy. It is our confidence that shapes how people see us. Not our small imperfections that seem huge in our minds. Thank you for sharing these ways to become more confident by loving ourselves.

July 9, 2018 / 3:18 pm

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I feel like when you feel confident on the inside and love what’s on the inside it is a lot easier to love the outside as well.

15. July 9, 2018 / 6:19 am

Yes!!! I love this post. Just want I needed right now. I’m so on board with getting up and actually getting dressed and doing my makeup before I do anything hung else in my day. Makes my day soooo much better. Another thing I used to do but I need to bring back is the quotes! I used to have a letter board that said “sexy millionaires live here” lol. It actually made me feel more productive and confident. ❤️

July 9, 2018 / 3:16 pm

OMG I love it! Lol that made me want to get a letter board. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

16. July 9, 2018 / 11:09 am

Loved this. I can say i have started to do all these. However it wasn’t always my first thought to do. Thank you for reminding others about confidence and self care.

July 9, 2018 / 3:14 pm

I hope you can get back into it,but yes I think confidence and self-care is something that people over-look but, it is so important to remember it.

17. July 9, 2018 / 3:09 pm

Perfect timing for this post! I’ve been struggling with confidence lately not just with how I feel on the outside, but confidence in my business and choices I am making with it. Great encouragement!

July 9, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Awe I am so sorry you feel like that, but yes! Try these tips and I am 99% sure that you will feel better. Thank you so much for reading.

18. Nailil
    July 9, 2018 / 10:07 pm

It’s incredible what affirmations can do for one. It is definitely a confidence booster!

July 16, 2018 / 5:39 am

Yes it’s a must for me every morning!

19. brie
    July 10, 2018 / 3:56 am

Love these tips on becoming more confident.

July 16, 2018 / 5:35 am

I’m glad you like them, I hope they help you!

20. Jane Lampard
    July 10, 2018 / 11:40 am

Telia, so nice post! To belive in yourself is one of the most important thing in life!

July 16, 2018 / 5:32 am

For sure! If we believe in ourselves, we can do anything we put our minds to!

21. July 30, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Love this post!! As women, we all lack a little bit of self confidence, and posts like these are really helpful xx

July 31, 2018 / 9:45 pm

Without a doubt! I always have to remind myself to do these things as well. It’s so important to help lift one another.

22. August 16, 2018 / 3:06 pm

I really need to get into positive affirmations, they seem so helpful. This post is awesome, self-confidence is key and something I think we all struggle with.
    -pixieskiesblog.wordpress.com xo

August 24, 2018 / 3:48 pm

The affirmations are one of my favorites. and yes, self-confidence always makes a world of difference.