5 Tips To Help You Relax After A Bad Day

5 Tips To Help You Relax After A Bad Day

Now we have all had bad days before.

No matter what kind of background we come from, we have all been there. That’s just life and we all know hard it can be to get out of that funky mood we have been in since the day started to go wrong.

So I have compiled a list of a few things you can do after you have had a bad day to help you relax and prepare to have a better day when you wake up the next morning.

1. Get Some Fresh Air!

There is something about fresh air that just has the power to instantly clear your mind. So at the end of the day, find a quiet place, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to clear your mind. If you can, take a seat and take in the scenery around you and enjoy the beauty of nature. Let the refreshing night breeze kiss your face and allow your muscles to relax.

After  10 – 15 minutes of relaxing you should feel much better and will be able to actually get a good nights sleep for a good start to your next morning.

2. Read A Book!

This is one of my personal favorite things to do after a bad day. Books have the amazing ability to take you out of your reality and bringing you on an adventure that you normally wouldn’t embark on yourself. So find a good book from your favorite author or genre and let the book take you on a journey. It will take your mind off of the day that you have had and doesn’t allow your mind to wonder too much.

After reading a couple of chapters you will have forgotten all about your day (for the most part anyway) and you will be able to go on about your night and get some well deserved sleep.

3. Pamper Yourself!

Showers are amazing aren’t they! A good bath with some bubbles or a bath bomb are just as good too! So take an hour to yourself to give your body a little love and attention. Pull out a candle, light it and enjoy a bath with a wonderful smelling bath bomb from lush. Allow your muscles relax in the warm water and you let the aroma from the bath bomb to invade your senses and slow your thoughts.

For the shower people out there (like me!) let the warm water cascade down your body and relax your tense muscles. Allow your mind to wonder if you can’t seem to slow it down and as you are washing your body the sensations will eventually override those non-stop thoughts and you will feel much more at peace by the time you are done.

When you’re done, don’t forget to moisturize your body! Get out your favorite lotion and give your body a good rub down and massage out some of the tension in your muscles.

You can even take an extra 15 minutes to exfoliate your face, and even do a face mask.

Whatever makes you and your body feel better do it. If there is something that you don’t normally get to do on the regular, do it! Take that extra “me” time to make you feel your best. The point is to get both your mind and body to relax so you can get some good rest for the night so you can have a better day the next morning.

4. Watch Your Favorite Shows

If you are anything like me, then you know that at times we can get so busy that we end up missing some of our favorite shows. Normally, I will miss a couple of weeks worth of shows, so when I am having a bad day, I’ll stay up for an hour extra after my kids have gone to sleep and I will watch my shows and eat some snacks.

So give it a try and hopefully you’ll be so into the show that you will be distracted from your bad day and maybe even fall to sleep in the middle of it (a way better way to go to sleep than struggling to force yourself to sleep when your mind won’t stop running a mile a minute).

5. Listen To Music.

Music is a universal language and has the power to speak to people in so many different ways. So put on your favorite tunes that give you good vibes and energy and let the music take over your mind, body and soul.

Do not listen to music that will make you feel worse than you already do. I know I had a bad habit of doing that when I was sad. So if you are feeling sad listen to music that makes you happy or reminds you of happy memories.

For example the song Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston never fails to instantly put a smile on my face when I hear it, because it reminds me of going to the lake with my best friend and sister when I was ten years old and jamming out in the car. It reminds me of my happiest days and how much more simple life was back then.

So find those songs that make you happy and let them take you on a journey down memory lane.

I hope these tips were helpful and that the next time you have a bad day that you try some of these and you feel more in control and at peace.

Are there certain things you do after you have a bad day? Share them with me down in the comments below and don’t hesitate to let me know what you think about this post.

Get The Female Entrepreneur Hashtag Cheat Sheet

Get the list of 200+ hashtag suggestions and ideas that will help you take your Instagram following to the next level!

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

37 Comments

1. July 9, 2018 / 10:07 pm

I love your tips, especially taking warm showers. There’s something so relaxing while doing this that I usually find it hard to stop! I

July 9, 2018 / 10:21 pm

I understand you completely! I will stay in their for hours! That probably explains why my water bill is always so high lol.

July 16, 2018 / 5:38 am

I am so happy that you liked!

2. July 9, 2018 / 10:21 pm

After a long hard day, sitting down to watch one of my favorite TV shows. It’s such a relaxing activity. I also love taking my dog out for a long walk. I’m at work nearly all day and coming home to such a happy animal really makes my day.

Great post! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

3. July 10, 2018 / 2:27 am

I need this! Just reading this post made me relax. I can’t wait to get off work LOL
    After a long day I like to watch cartoons with my son. There’s something relaxing about watching Boss Baby on loop, for me at least XD

Really great tips!

Thea

July 16, 2018 / 5:40 am

OMG same! I love cuddling with my girls & watching movies with them! Especially if I had been working a lot that week.

4. July 10, 2018 / 2:39 am

Such great ideas! I love my bubble baths with a bath bomb & salts coupled with my favorite essential oils! This was a great list, and I list I will look back on most definitely! Thanks for writing! 🙂

July 16, 2018 / 5:37 am

A bath with those essentials are heaven sent! I’m relaxing just thinking about it!

5. July 10, 2018 / 2:56 am

wow! that is such a great post to chill out after a bad day! Definitely gonna follow these tips! I’m sure they’ll help. loved the ‘pamper yourself’ part.
    Even I have a post about pampering and self-caring! I’m just so much into it!
    Anyways, thanks for sharing! Keep it up. <3

July 16, 2018 / 5:37 am

I will definitely be checking out your post! I would love to see how other like to “pamper” themselves.

6. July 10, 2018 / 3:16 am

Great suggestions! I will definitely try these next time I have a bad day.

July 16, 2018 / 5:35 am

I hope that these work for you as well as they have worked for me!

7. Cheryl Krangle
    July 10, 2018 / 4:20 am

These are great ideas! Thank you for sharing this with us!

July 16, 2018 / 5:34 am

I am glad you liked it! You are very welcome.

8. July 10, 2018 / 7:16 am

All great ideas , though for me watching television for sometime really uplift my mood instantly. LOL.

July 16, 2018 / 5:34 am

Tv is another one of my favorites when I can actually stay awake to watch it lol.

9. Tif
    July 10, 2018 / 11:08 am

This is perfect!!! I love getting fresh air after a bad day or a book!! But usually I’m so irritated I eat!! Agh emotional eater here!

July 16, 2018 / 5:33 am

We have all been there and done that, we just all have to create better and happier habits to overcome those problems.

10. July 10, 2018 / 12:15 pm

I look up any reggae song and play it….my mood gets better, by the second! Thanks Telia, sweetness, for sharing.

Much love.

July 16, 2018 / 5:30 am

Reggae is one of my favorite genres to listen to as it always has a way of speaking to your mind and body on other levels!

11. July 10, 2018 / 2:24 pm

We all have bad days, this is for certain, sometimes there is just no escaping it. Thank you for posting such positive ideas to get out of the funk. Instead of relying on self medicating techniques, like drinking, which tends to add to a bigger, underlying life problem.

July 16, 2018 / 5:29 am

Yes those are definitely big issues in our society m. And if there were more resources like this for people to access then maybe they wouldn’t feel the need to self-medicate and choose such destructive habits.

12. July 10, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Yup.Thanks for your post. A long run outside is my idea!

July 16, 2018 / 5:26 am

A run would be great as well! I need to start doing that as well and stop being lazy!

July 16, 2018 / 5:26 am

Music is always a great escape. No matter what kind of mood you’re in there’s something to match.

13. Zoi
    July 12, 2018 / 8:14 pm

I love these tips. Fresh air is my number one thing I do and listening to some reggaeton. Can’t help but dance when it comes on and dancing makes me happy.

July 16, 2018 / 5:25 am

Oh yes! Reggaeton always gets me going! I turn into a hot mess. It will definitely put you in a better mood.

14. July 14, 2018 / 2:37 am

When I have a bad day I like to treat myself to things I only have once in a while, like a glass of wine or a new book. I loved your ideas about reading – it always helps me to get out of my own head and into someone else’s! Great post!

July 16, 2018 / 5:24 am

Yes! I love reading and it’s like a total escape from everything! Thank you for reading!

15. July 14, 2018 / 3:56 am

Great tips! Something to keep in mind for those rough days.

July 16, 2018 / 5:23 am

I’m glad you liked it, I tried to make them as simple and helpful as possible! Thank you for reading!

16. July 14, 2018 / 8:39 am

This is a great reminder, all these things are very helpful to turn a bad day around 🙂

July 16, 2018 / 5:22 am

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading!

17. August 3, 2018 / 8:46 am

I love posts about self-care. It is such an important topic. Your tips are great and your blog is gorgeous!

18. August 12, 2018 / 8:13 pm

These are great tips for helping to unwind when feeling stressed or tired. I think fresh air is so important and love to do this by getting out for a walk, preferably in nature. Thanks for a really useful and informative post which has the potential to really help those who read it.

August 24, 2018 / 3:39 pm

I wish I had more time to go on walks. I used to walk all the time and loved it.