A little over a week ago, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Wake Up To Wanderlust! There are no words to explain how happy, honored and grateful I am to receive this nomination. So I want to give a special thank you to Wake Up To Wanderlust for recognizing my blog, hard work and nominating me!
Wake Up To Wanderlust is a travel and experience blog where Victoria (the Queen of all things cheap travel), documents her experiences traveling, what to pack when you travel, and even how to score cheap flights for your next adventure. Not only does she have a great blog that you should check out, she is a super sweet and supportive person. She has given me and my blog so much love and encouragement and it is so very much appreciated. Definitely check out her blog and follow her on Pinterest and Twitter!
For those of you who don’t know, The Versatile Blogger Award is one of the many many awards given to blogger by bloggers.
It is no secret that blogging is a lot of hard work. Believe me when I first started I didn’t think it would be so hard, but boy was I wrong! And since realizing this I have a new found respect for all bloggers and all the work that they put in to become successful because it is far from easy. So to be nominated for this award is so amazing and I hope that everyone continues to support and show each other love and bless other hard-working bloggers with this nomination.
With that being said, here are the rules of recieving the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person that nominated you for the award
- Link their blog to this post
- Select up to 15 bloggers that you follow/recently discovered
- Nominate them for the Versatile Blogger and add links to their sites
- Write 7 things about yourself!
Here are 7 things about myself that I would like to share with you all!
1. When I was in elementary school, I used to have to sit in detention for all of my recess’ because I refused to read at home and didn’t meet my monthly book quotas. This school was all about children reading and felt that it was super important. And it was because of this that I am here writing this blog post. Sitting in detention everyday made me fall in love with reading and inspired me to want to write and tell my own stories. I couldn’t be more grateful for that experience because it has really changed my life.
2. When I had gotten pregnant with my two kids, I was on birth control both times, and they both did not work for me (I have a serious latex allergy and had no idea about non-latex condoms…We’ll talk about that another time). But besides my best efforts, I had still gotten pregnant so I feel as if it was in God’s plans for me to be a mother. And they have saved my life in a way they couldn’t possibly understand. I am very blessed.
3. I am the oldest of 6! I have a big family and in a way I have always felt like a mother to my younger siblings. We didn’t have the best upbringing (another story for later) and I have always tried my hardest to give my siblings lots of love, support and everything that we needed. My mom is amazing and has done a great job at raising us and is a huge reason I am the woman I am today. So I’m sure you could guess that I am a huge family person. Family means the world to me.
4. I was in choir all throughout my elementary school days up until my high school years. I used to have a beautiful voice and now I sound like a whale lol. I’m super disappointed about it but I love the memories I made with all of my choir buddies.
5. I used to work at Walmart! I started as a cashier and was promoted to a customer service manager when I was 18 and I always got hell for how young I was. Other employees who were older than me always would tell me, “I don’t have to take orders from a kid.” lol But I never let it get to me because I worked hard to get there and I have a great worth ethic. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore.
6. I got engaged to the love of my life on Valentines day of this year! We are high school sweethearts and he is the only man I have ever been with. He has given me everything I could ever want and more. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him and our beautiful family.
7. I am obsessed with everything Tim Burton! I love his aesthetic and he is an amazing story teller! The Nightmare Before Christmas is my all time favorite from him.
Here are some of the blogs that I nominate for The Versatile Blogger Award:
Momma Meets World: (Mom and Lifestyle Blog)
Charcoal + Grace: (Lifestyle, Wellness, and Health Blog)
Caroline & Audrey: (Fashion and Lifestyle Blog)
Madi Baulch: (Happiness, Wellness, and Self Love Blog)
Twinstant Gratification: (Mom and Lifestyle Blog)
Thoughts From Jasmine: (Lifestyle Blog)
Safe Haven; Anonymous Letters: (Lifestyle and Mental Health Blog)
Three By 23: (Mom and Lifestyle Blog)
My Big Fat Greek Lifestyle: (Lifestyle Blog)
All of these blogs are some of my favorites. They range from fashion and beauty to lifestyle, health, and mom blogs. All of these blogs have amazing writers who are all very talented, sweet and have such great personalities that I will make you love them. I really hope you check them all out because they are amazing blogs and have a very bright future ahead of them.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I’ll see you in my next one!
Get The Female Entrepreneur Hashtag Cheat Sheet
Get the list of 200+ hashtag suggestions and ideas that will help you take your Instagram following to the next level!