Now this post is super overdue, life got a little crazy for me and I was feeling a bit down for a while, but I’m back at it and feeling better.
I was fortunate enough to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award 3 times! I was nominated by Jess over at My Big Fat Greek Lifestyle, Multipotentialite over at Thoughts Of A Multipotentialite , and Melanie over at Untamed Melodies.
All three of these ladies have blogs that I absolutely love! Each of their blogs are so different and unique and all give me something that I look forward to reading each week. And let’s not forget to mention how sweet and awesome these ladies are as people! They are so positive, motivating, and friendly. I enjoy every conversation that I have with them and look forward to seeing them on my timeline on all my social medias. So please make sure you go check them out, I promise you won’t regret it.
Now for those of you that don’t know, the Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by bloggers to shine a light on them and help their readers get to know their favorites better. People who recieve this award are known for being creative, positive, and inspiring.
I am truly honored to have been thought of not once, but 3 (technically 4 because I was nominated twice by Multipotential, but that would be a ton of questions I would have to answer lol) by such wonderful bloggers that I really love. So Thank you again ladies, it really means a lot to me.
So with that being said, here are the rules for receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post on your blog.
I am super sorry about all of the questions I have to answer, but it is only fair I answer them all and not cut corners.
Questions from My Big Fat Greek Lifestyle:
1. Where’s your favourite country to travel to and why?
I have never been outside of the United States, but I am sure Spain would probably be my favorite. I love Spanish culture and I think that it I would feel so comfortable and happy there.
2. If there was a piece of music you had to listen to forever, what would it be?
One song that I could listen to forever would be Focus by H.E.R. This song is one of my all time favorites. The artists voice is so raw, pure, and beautiful. The song has so much emotion to it and I can relate to it on a deeper level than some and I just love it so much! I will never get tired of listening to it.
3. What’s your favourite alcoholic beverage?
I honestly hate alcohol! People always thing I’m crazy when I say that, but I just can’t stand it. So I do not drink. I can count on one hand how many alcoholic beverages I’ve had.
4. What made you decide to blog?
I’ve been through some really tragic things and I really want to share my story with other people and inspire, encourage, and uplift others who may be going through rough times, and let them know that life does get better. I also want to encourage them to seek help and speak up for themselves. I haven’t gotten into it very much just yet, but I am preparing for it. It’s coming really soon.
5. Where would you like to travel to next?
Hawaii and Fiji are next on my list. I love beaches and tropical places so I really want to visit these places soon. My fiance and I will be going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. So we’re super excited.
6. Have you been to Greece? If so tell me where!
I have not, but it’s definitely on my bucket list!
7. Would you rather travel to hot or cold countries and why?
I would rather travel to cold countries because I can always bundle up for cold weather, but there are only so many clothes that people can take off before getting arrested lol.
8. Are you doing your dream job?
Not at all, but I will be soon. I will make sure that it happens.
9. What book have you read over and over?
The Giver by Lois Lowry. I love love love that book. I can’t wait until my girls are older so I can read it with them.
10. What’s your go-to activity when you’re feeling down?
When I am feeling down, I like to journal and get all of my feelings down on paper and it helps my mind be all over the place.
11. If you could be the star of a film, which film would it be?
I would want to star in Save The Last Dance as it is one of my all-time favorite movies, and a classic!
Questions from Thoughts Of A Multipotentialite:
1 . Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
Five years from now I can see myself financially stable, making a comfortable living blogging from home. I will own a home, married by that time, and being truly happy with my little family and trying for baby #3.
2. What social stigma does society need to get over?
I think the stigma against mental health is something that people need to get over. People experiences things in different ways and no one has the right to tell others how they feel and what does or doesn’t count as a mental health problem. It’s just not right. I hope that made sense.
3. What are your views on religion?
I could go on forever about this, but I’ll save it for another post, so I am just going to say religion works from lots of people, but it just isn’t right for me. From my experiences there were way too many people who loved to preach about not sinning, living their lives to God or whoever they believe in, but don’t practice what they preach and judge others for owning the fact that they are not perfect. So I am going to leave it at this; religion can be great for a lot of people, but it definitely isn’t perfect like people think. (Like the whole thing going on about a Catholic church sexual abuse scandal in Pennsylvania right now)
4. What is your lucky number and why?
25 because my mom, sister, and I’s birthday all land on the 25th day of the month we were born in. We’re all really close.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I have answered this question in number 4 of the previous set of questions.
6. Name 3 things that bring you happiness in everyday life?
My beautiful baby girls, my fiance, and writing.
7. What genre of music do you enjoy?
I am a big R&B girl! I love all kinds of different genre’s and I listen to a little bit of everything, but yeah R&B is the main thing I listen to.
8. Do you think aliens exist?
I think there is a possibility that they could exist. My fiance has made us watch every Alien documentary on Netflix and TV lol. But I’m honestly not too sure. They very well could be.
9. When do you blog? During the day or in the evenings?
I blog in the evenings because I work during the day and once my kids go to sleep then I take the time to blog.
10. Can you play a musical instrument?
I can play the clarinet! I always It’s been a while but I’m sure I could still play a song or two. I taught myself how to play.
11. Do you speak any other language than English? If yes, which language/s?
No, but I wish I could!
Questions from Untamed Melodies:
1. Who has been most influential to you as a blogger?
Katie over at Katie Did What has been the most influential to me. I love her writing style, her content, and all of her great photos. She has inspired me so much and I hope to have the pleasure of working with her one day.
2. What is your idea of the perfect date?
At this point in my life I would consider just going out to a simple dinner and movie with my fiance without our kids lol. We would even consider just being able to lay in bed together watching Netflix without kids jumping and crawling all over us.
3. What is your favorite junk food?
Ohh this is so hard! I would probably say Ice Cream. I really really really love ice cream.
4. What is special about the place you grew up?
I grew up in a city that at this moment is one of the most violent cities in the US right now. And though I have moved from there nearly five years ago, growing up there has really shaped me into the person that I am today. There was lots of drugs, crime, gun shots, and it was just really toxic. My mom would hardly let us go outside because there was so much going on. But all in all, it also made me realize that I wanted more for myself, and that it isn’t where I wanted to stay for the rest of my life.
5. What is your astrological sign and do you feel like you embody the characteristics of that sign?
I am a Gemini, and I do not believe astrological signs are very accurate, because the typical “characteristics” that a Gemini has, rarely ever apply to me. I more of a Life Path believer.
6. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
People always come to me for relationship advice, help with life decisions, and parenting advice.
7. What is it about your best friend that makes them your best friend?
My fiance is my best friend, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. He keeps me together when I can’t. He is supportive of everything that I do, and he loves me for who I am despite all of my flaws.
8. What is your favorite television show or movie?
I don’t watch much TV but when I do, I am always watching Live PD lol, that’s my favorite right now. I love all cop shows.
9. What could you give an hour-long presentation about without any preparation?
I could give a presentation about my kids because they are my world and I could talk about them all day long if I could!
10. What’s the best thing that happened in your world this week?
The best thing that happened in my world this week is that an article that I submitted to one of my favorite mom blogs, Scary Mommy, accepted it and will be published later this month! And I am so excited about it!
11. How was your life different one year ago?
A year ago I was was suffering from postpartum depression with a 4 month old and a 14 month old. My relationship was rocky as we were trying to adjust to having moved out on our own with are two babies. It was definitely a difficult time for us but we are in a better, and much happier place than we were in a year ago.
Now I nominate:
My Questions For You:
1. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
2. What problem or situation did TV / movies make you think would be common, but when you grew up you found out it wasn’t?
3. What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to will yourself not to do it?
4.If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?
5. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
6. What ridiculous thing has someone tricked you into doing or believing?
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
8. Which historical figure would you like to be?
9. If you could eat only 3 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
10. What’s the most courageous thing you’ve ever done?
11. What living person, other than family members, do you most admire?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I’ll see you in my next one!
Get The Female Entrepreneur Hashtag Cheat Sheet
Get the list of 200+ hashtag suggestions and ideas that will help you take your Instagram following to the next level!